The musings of a cranky fifty-something on life.

01 January 2009

Happy New Year!

I think this is going to be a tough year in many respects, but I'm resolved to make the best of it. We've got another family wedding coming up in May, and every reason to expect a great year for our little corner of the universe. That the world at large is likely going to Hell in a hand basket is of little consequence to me. As I told my daughter several years ago, our country has prevailed over every challenge its encountered. I expect that trend to continue. We're a remarkably hardy bunch, we Americans, and while it may take us a while to come to our senses, we always do.

From me to you, have a happy new year, going forward with faith in ourselves, and resolve to make the best future we can for ourselves and our posterity.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm well on my way to a cantankerous old age waiting for the Singularity.

Attila's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Followers