The musings of a cranky fifty-something on life.

27 December 2008

Doin' Business, while Doin' Business



You've got to love serendipity. The lovely little machine pictured here, a White Kenmore model 600 electric dryer will be waiting for me to pick up in an hour or so at our local Sears store. This morning, while waiting for the rest of the family to wake up, I checked Sears for after Christmas appliance deals and discovered a 20% discount on Kenmore appliances. After a little discussion with the spouse we settled on this unit and ordered it for pick-up today. Cost with the necessary power cord, just over $400, about $88 less than the normal price. As with most online purchases, the process was quick and painless and completed without regard to my physical location. I have to admit though, that thanks to the netbook, completing an order while contemplating nature in the little engineer's room was a new experience. TMI?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm well on my way to a cantankerous old age waiting for the Singularity.

Attila's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Followers