The musings of a cranky fifty-something on life.

23 December 2008

Aspirations

Well, what else would you title a post talking about my new netbook? The old iBook I've been using as my home PC is on its last legs. The display has been dicey as long as I've had it, but of late, the power cord has been dying too. Today, I finally did something about it and picked up an Acer Aspire One from Costco. So far, I'm liking it. The keyboard is just large enough to allow touch typing and it seems plenty fast enough for email, surfing, and blogging. I've downloaded OpenOffice 3.0, but haven't really played with it yet. It definitely runs Firefox well. It doesn't have Bluetooth, and I left my Blackjack's USB cable at work, so I haven't been able to experiment with tethering it yet. That'll have to wait until next week. It's also sized right to fit in my County Comm EOD bag. Life is good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm well on my way to a cantankerous old age waiting for the Singularity.

Attila's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Followers