The musings of a cranky fifty-something on life.

05 April 2009

Enemy at the Gates

My new to me Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 went to the range with me for the first time this afternoon. Let's just say that Vasilli Zaitsev I'm not. After doing a function check at ten yards just to see where it was putting the rounds and being rewarded with a decent group, I set up a target at the hundred yard line. Even with a twelve o'clock hold and the sights set for 100m, the rounds were going high and I failed to hit the bull with any of the five rounds I shot at that range. Rather than stay frustrated, I set the sights for 250m and went for the gong we have at that range. Three rounds high, then a adjusted myself a little bit and it twice. While I definitely need some more practice, I had a blast with the old beast, got a sore shoulder out of the deal, and can't wait to take it out again. Maybe next time I'll be able to drive the Germans out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm well on my way to a cantankerous old age waiting for the Singularity.

Attila's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Followers