The musings of a cranky fifty-something on life.

24 August 2008

Range Day mit der Karabiner

This afternoon I had the pleasure of taking my k98 to the range for the first time. It has been a very long time since I've shot anything approaching a high power rifle, and I've got to say, it was a hoot. As the photo shows, I was shooting from a sitting position, but not using a rest. This wasn't a great test of accuracy. Honestly, I would have just been happy to hit the target at 50 yards, but was quite happy to find all the rounds actually near the bull. For a 68 year old rifle (rifles,really. I've counted parts from seven.) and 52 year old eyes, I was very pleased. I was even happier when I hit the steel at the 300 yard position on the second try. :-)

About Me

My photo
I'm well on my way to a cantankerous old age waiting for the Singularity.

Attila's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Followers