The musings of a cranky fifty-something on life.

01 October 2006

Retirement

Today, twenty-seven years and two days after I received my commission, I retired from the Naval Reserve as a Captain. I can't say that I'm thrilled to be retired. Quite honestly, I'd much rather be starting my career than ending it. 'Tis not to be though.

Here's a list of the commands that I've been associated with over the years:
Naval Nuclear Power School, Orlando, FL
Nuclear Power Training Unit, Idaho Falls, ID (S1W, for those interested)
Naval Submarine School, Groton, CT
USS Archerfish (SSN 678), Groton, CT
NROTC Unit, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Naval Submarine School, Groton, CT
USS Michigan (SSBN 727G), Bangor, WA (patrols 19,21,23,25,27)
NCSO Seattle
COMSUBPAC DET 320
VTU 2210G
NCSO Pacific DET 222
PERSMOBTM Bangor
VTU 2213G
In all that time, I've seen a goodly portion of the world. Not enough to satisfy my curiosity, but enough to know that I like it here better than anywhere else.

Looking back, I'd like to think that I left the navy better for my having been in it. I know that I'm better because of it.

About Me

My photo
I'm well on my way to a cantankerous old age waiting for the Singularity.

Attila's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Followers